Claire Deeks is a mum and passionate real food advocate for children and families based in Auckland, New Zealand. She’s recently launched a petition against the Health Star Rating System gathering several thousand signatures in a few weeks. Claire’s background is over 10 years practising as a lawyer and registered patent attorney working in Auckland and London specialising in trade mark, copyright and misrepresentation in the music and movie industries (representing a who’s who of international clients including Warners, Sony, Disney, Nike, Versace, Gucci and more).
Recipe of the Week – Gummies
270mls coconut milk (we use Ayam brand – this is one can)
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 Tbsp gelatin (we use Great Lakes Gelatin – red box)
1 Tbsp raw cacao (or cocoa)
What To Do:
- Make room in your fridge for a tray of gummies and place your molds on a tray. (This makes it much easier but is not essential.)
- Combine the milk, syrup, cacao and vanilla in a pot and stir.
- Sprinkle gelatin over the mixture and immediately whisk to combine well.
- Heat over low heat for approximately 5 minutes taking care not to overheat or boil and stirring continuously until the liquid is smooth. (It should be only a luke warm temperature.)
- Remove from heat allow to cool slightly and then add to silicon molds.
- Place the tray with molds on it in the fridge for 30 minutes or until gummies are set firmly.