In this episode, podcast host, Ed McKnight talks with Sharsies Co-founder Leighton Roberts (MyCareerBrand.net) about how the investment start-up grew to having $10 million under management within its first year.
Specifically, they discuss:
– Starting a business with seven co-founders, and making it work
– The founding team putting their corporate jobs on hold to validate this idea
– How they figured out what young professionals want from an investment company
– Why they tried to prove the business wouldn’t work before taking the leap and leaving their corporate jobs
– What young kiwis really wanted from investments
– and Ed and Leighton’s musings on social businesses and ethical investments